Tips For O'Fallon MO For Sale By Owners...
In these times of slow home sales and uncertain economic conditions I thought that I would start offering you some tips on a weekly basis. This weeks' tip is how to hold a successful Open House.
- Look in the local real estate section of your paper to determine the popular day(s) of the week and times for an open house.
- Schedule your open house at least one week in advance.
- Restrict the total hours of the open house. Many buyers may visit your home at the same time. Putting time restrictions limits your waiting for prospective buyers.
- Place directional arrows from 3-4 blocks away to help buyers find your home. (Check your local city ordinance for sign restrictions.)
- Place a visible open house sign in your front yard.
- Leave space for buyers to park.
- Remove all debris from the front yard.
- Your front walkway should sparkle.
- Turn on all lights....open drapes and curtains and make sure that your windows are clean. No pesky fingerprints.
- Turn on lights in closets.
- Place your property brochure in the entry area, if possible.
- Bathrooms must be spotless.
- If your closets are very organized, open a few.
- Remove valuables from sight.
- Tune in soft music on the same radio station in each room.
- Consider a guest registration book for your prospective buyers to sign.
A full service REALTOR®, such as me, offers this service to their clients. There is value in the services that a REALTOR® offers and those services will allow you the flexibility of living your life and still get your home SOLD. All though we do not do the cleaning mentioned above but, we do have the knowledge and expertise to handle the sale of your home.
So if you are in need of assistance and looking for a REALTOR® to handle the listing and sale of your home give Don Rogers a call at 314-954-6775 or drop me an email at Don@DRogersHomes.com to start the process.
Don Rogers is a licensed REALTOR® in Missouri. I specialize in St. Charles County Missouri and have called O Fallon MO my home since 1993. If you are looking to buy or sell or you are relocating to the area and would like information about the St Charles County MO area do not hesitate to give me a call at 314-954-6775 or if you would prefer to send me an email.