Today September 18th
Many things have happened on this day in history. Just a few of the many things that have happened are:
- Claudette Colbert, actress was born in 1905
- Jimmie Rodgers, country singer was born in 1933
- Robert Blake, actor was born in 1933
- Jimi Hendrix, rock guitarist died at the age of 27 in London in 1970
- A horse beats the 1st US made locomotive near Baltimore in 1830
- The Boston Braves trounce St. Louis Cardinals 20 - 1 in 1915
- The Columbia Broadcasting System goes on the air in 1927 with 16 radio stations
- "Wagon Train" premiers on this date in 1957
- "Get Smart" premiers on this date in 1965
All of these dates are very important and I am sure that there are a lot of trivia buffs out there that could come up with quite a few more important things that happened on this date in history.
There is one more thing that took place on this date, September 18, 1965 and that is the day my lovely wife Jeanne said "I Do" and has been wondering every since that time why she would do such a thing. She has given birth to our three children and has followed me all over the US of A in the process. She has been a great support and a constant guide for me, keeping me on track to even get to where I am today. The old saying, Behind Every Successful Man is A Woman, could not be truer than it is in my case.
God put the two of us together, she is from Woonsocket, R.I. and I am from San Antonio, TX. And we met in her hometown while I was on leave visiting a buddy in a small town close to Jeanne's hometown. From the time I hollered, yelled for those of you that may not know what a holler is, out the window of an old 1947 Chevy "Hey Honey Where You Going?" to now the only thing that has separated us has been travel.
One of our favorite songs during our engagement and the whole time I was in Tripoil, Libya was..........
Thank you Honey for the memories and I look forward to 43 more years of memories. You are the best!!
Don Rogers is a licensed REALTOR® in Missouri. I specialize in St. Charles County Missouri and have called O Fallon MO my home since 1993. If you are looking to buy or sell or you are relocating to the area and would like information about the St Charles County MO area do not hesitate to give me a call at 314-954-6775 or if you would prefer to send me an email.