It's Time To Improve Your Curb Appeal........
- Keep your lawn mowed and edged. Trim trees and shrubs, removing all dead limbs and debris. The grass will still grow for a bit longer in the colder climates, shrubs will still grow for a short period.
- Add color to your yard and front porch with flowers and/or hanging plants. There are fall flowers that will add a load of color to the front of your home and make it POP. And the cost is minimal if it helps get your home sold and gets you the price you are looking for.
- Arrange outdoor furniture and firewood neatly. Put away all lawn equipment, bikes and other toys. Neatness is a real plus.
- Repair any broken areas of your fence, deck, patio, etc. Make sure these areas are clean and in good shape. Now would be a good time, if you haven't already, to stain the deck even if you just did it, three years ago.
- Walk around your home and check the exterior items like siding, window sashes, trim and shutters. Clean these areas and/or paint as needed. Give special attention to the front door, clean, paint or maybe put a new one in.
- Look up on your trip around the exterior and make sure the gutters are clean of debris. Wash or paint as needed. Realign the gutters if they look crooked.
- Still looking up check the roof for shingles or flashing that needs replacing or repair.
- Now would be a GREAT time to replace broken windows, doors and screens. Make sure each looks clean and in good condition.
- Look down and check the driveways and sidewalks. If they need it, maybe they don't, power wash them and patch any holes and try to remove stains.
- Touch up the "little things" like house numbers, mail box, door bell, etc.
Don Rogers is a licensed REALTOR® in Missouri. I specialize in St. Charles County Missouri and have called O Fallon MO my home since 1993. If you are looking to buy or sell or you are relocating to the area and would like information about the St Charles County MO area do not hesitate to give me a call at 314-954-6775 or if you would prefer to send me an email.