Has the home buying process become a real hassle for you? Are you about ready to throw up your hands and say "Forget about it"? Have you placed offer to seller's and they don't accept your offer? Can't seem to find the "PERFECT" home? Haven't seen all of the inventory in the marketplace yet? Well maybe I can help!! Become a realistic buyer in today's marketplace.
- There is no "PERFECT" home......When you find a house/property that is consistent with your top priorities consider writing an offer. Seldom does a buyer find a property that has more than 85% of what they want/need. Make a list of your "NEEDS" and then make a list of the things that you "WANT" in a home. Then begin your search for those things you need and some of the wants will possibly come along with the home.
- The popular properties that are priced right go very quickly. The early buyer gets the home that you may want. Hesitating after you see a home that "MAY" work because it meets 80% of your need/want list could cause you to miss out on a GREAT home at a really good price. Be ready to move when you find that home.
- Package yourself and your offer so that both look good to a seller. You may be in competition with one or more buyers for the same property. Get your pre-approval letter from your lender so it can accompany your offer to the seller. If you do not have that today contact your lender and get one so you can give it to your Realtor so they have it handy when the time comes.
- The home buying process is complex, so consider using professional service providers such as a real estate agent, attorney, building inspectors, etc....
- If value and price are important to you have a Competitive Market Analysis (CMA) done on the property BEFORE submitting your offer on a property. Your real estate agent will do this for you.
- Don't be surprised if and when you get buyer's remorse....an uneasy feeling about your buying decision. Many people question their decision to purchase at some time during the process. Talk to your real estate professional they can help ease the uneasiness.
Don Rogers is a licensed REALTOR® in Missouri. I specialize in St. Charles County Missouri and have called O Fallon MO my home since 1993. If you are looking to buy or sell or you are relocating to the area and would like information about the St Charles County MO area do not hesitate to give me a call at 314-954-6775 or if you would prefer to send me an email.