So, you are selling you OFallon Missouri home…….
As I was reading through some old flyers for home sellers in OFallon MO the other day, I came across 8 interior items that buyers will be noticing when they come into your home. There will be many things that they will look at but, these are some of the more important things that they will be taking notice of.
1. Buyers take special notice of light and bright homes. So you may want to purchase some high intensity light bulbs and be sure to clean all light shades and covers. Don’t forget to pay attention to your ceiling fan lights too.
2. Buyers notice especially clean homes. Spring is just around the corner so think Spring Cleaning throughout……no matter what the season is. Give special attention to the following: windows and screens, counter and appliance tops, mirrors, ovens, sinks, toilets and tub/shower areas.
3. Buyers notice clean windows, freshly laundered drapes & curtains. I know, you don’t do windows BUT lets not quibble just clean them and keep them clean. It may cost you an offer if you don’t.
4. Buyers notice freshly cleaned carpets and waxed floors. Replace or repair damaged areas of the floor or floor covering. The cost of replacing these items could garner you a better offer.
5. Buyers notice spacious rooms. Arrange furniture and decorations to improve each room. Remove unnecessary items that don’t fit in. It is to your advantage to hold a garage/yard sale and get rid of those items you have been thinking about getting rid of anyway. You will be looking for new stuff for the new home, right?
6. Buyers notice colors that will blend with their décor and furnishings. Consider brightening things up with a fresh coat of paint. When you keep it neutral it will help to brighten the home and match the new owners’ furnishings.
7. Buyers notice closet & cabinet space. You may have limited cabinet space so neatly arrange them and either store or get rid of the extra things that are not needed anymore. Closet organizers are a real benefit when it comes time to show how much space you have in them. While you are at it don’t forget the other storage area, basement and garage.
8. Buyers pay attention to tiny details. Fix all of the “little things”…loose door knobs, leaky faucet(s), towel racks, clean and repair caulk areas.
The other interesting thing that came to mind while writing this is………How will you be looking at the home you will ultimately place an offer on? OFallon MO has a lot of homes for sale and I am sure that you will find the perfect new home.
Don Rogers is a licensed REALTOR® in Missouri. I specialize in St. Charles County Missouri and have called O Fallon MO my home since 1993. If you are looking to buy or sell or you are relocating to the area and would like information about the St Charles County MO area do not hesitate to give me a call at 314-954-6775 or if you would prefer to send me an email.