Midori Miller has loaded this post with a lot of helpful information. Take a minute to check it out.
When working with agents sometimes I need to set the record straight...there is some myth that you can sit behind your keyword all day...everyday....and create an abundance of business.....enough business to support yourself throughout the year...while it can happen if you are a Zillow.com or a Trulia.com but as an individual trying to earn a good living...I'm here to tell you that real estate is a people to people business. Sometimes all you need to do to take your business to the next level is get in front of more people.
- You have to step away from your computer once in a while and get in front of more people!
- You have to talk to people even if you are shy
- You have to remind people you are in the real estate business
- Sometimes you wear your business on your shirt with a name tag
Now I am not saying blogging or Internet marketing is not effective..it is..I know..I benefit everyday from my online presence but sometimes it is necessary to do certain things to remind people you are in the real estate business and not necessarily an Internet marketer but a real estate agent who applies Internet marketing into their business.
- Sometimes you must socialize other then text message and chat
- Even the most tech savvy consumers want human interaction when it is necessary
- Remember Not all people are tech savvy or want to conduct their real estate transaction electronically.
- Social media is meant to enhance people's lives and not make it more difficult.
Many people ask me which social media outlets are the best. Truly I can't answer that and no one else can for that matter meaning I am not you. Most people have a preference, unique goals and everyones business is very different.
- Your target audience
- Your time allocated to social media
- The number of members and visitors of a platform
- Usability, comfort and expectations
If you use your social media in the right way...more than likely....it will lead to what we all want at the end...more listings and sales but also getting in front of more people! Remember real estate is a people to people business...one last thing...whether we like it or not....
We Are In Sales!
Make it a Fabulous Day!
If you found this useful please subscribe! Midori Miller authors DaytonaRealEstateTrainer.com | The Business Center | Celebrity Truths and her Active-rain blog DaytonaRealEstateTraining.com. Feel free to contact her via email or phone.
Don Rogers is a licensed REALTOR® in Missouri. I specialize in St. Charles County Missouri and have called O Fallon MO my home since 1993. If you are looking to buy or sell or you are relocating to the area and would like information about the St Charles County MO area do not hesitate to give me a call at 314-954-6775 or if you would prefer to send me an email.