Why Is It Important To Price My Home Right From The Start?
If you have been following my posts you will know that I feel that it is important to properly price you home from the beginning of the listing. To wait and adjust the price after 15 or 30 days you have lost valuable time and possible buyers.
That being said here are 5 good reasons to price your home correctly in the beginning:
- Your home is most likely to sell for top dollar when it is fresh to the market.
- Buyers buy after the shop around. Buyers are in search of the best buy. If your home is priced too high, it will make the other homes look more attractive.
- Your property will need to be appraised. If it appraises below the contract price you may have a problem.
- Other than possible location, price is the most critical item that both buyers and real estate agents look to when selecting homes to view.
- If priced too high, it's possible that no one will seriously consider or see the benefit of starting the negotiations.
- The more accurately priced the property is, the less likely the buyer is to start the negotiations with a "low ball" offer or even see the need to negotiate.
The advantages of "right pricing" your home far outweigh the disadvantages. The choice will always be yours, the seller, it is the job of the REALTOR® to show you what the market is doing and the price of like kind homes that have sold in your area. Don't get caught up in pricing high and then come down in about a month. What happens if you are not getting any showings and all of the homes around you are selling?
If you have your home on the market and are not getting any showings this is a very strong indication that the price is too high.
If you are getting showings and no contracts then the buyer is telling you that the price is too high.
Remember if you are looking for an agent in O'Fallon Missouri or anywhere in the St Charles County Missouri area to list and sell your home give Don Rogers a call at 314-954-6775 or send me an email at Don@DRogersHomes.com and we can begin the home selling process. There are a lot of real estate agents the St Charles County area but none better to give you the proper information and help to get your home SOLD.
Other related topics:
Don Rogers is a licensed REALTOR® in Missouri. I specialize in St. Charles County Missouri and have called O Fallon MO my home since 1993. If you are looking to buy or sell or you are relocating to the area and would like information about the St Charles County MO area do not hesitate to give me a call at 314-954-6775 or if you would prefer to send me an email.