Be More Than a PEACH When Showing Your Home
A couple of days ago I went to the grocery store and while there I saw these beautiful, lush, taste tempting, smell wonderful peaches. I just had to have a couple of them so I bought two of them. Ever feel that way about driving by a home for sale? You're in a neighborhood visiting a friend and you see that a home come on the market that you have always wanted and now it is "FOR SALE", oh happy day!! Kind of like my peach story. OK, so I let my peaches sit out for a day and I had waited long enough! I cut the peach in half and ohhhhhhh my it looked even better now. I can hardly wait to bite into it. But I contained myself. Oh who am I fooling? I took a big 'ole bite and it was NOTHING like I thought it would be. Beautiful on the outside but really lacking in all the peachy goodness and juicy sweetness I had been hoping for.
So, what does this have to do with home selling? Everything in my humble opinion. You see, home selling is more than just having GREAT curb appeal, the inside of the home has to pass the beautiful, inviting, come inside and buy me exterior look too.
Follow along with me just a bit longer...You have had your home placed on the market, Sign in the yard, everything on the outside is perfect and you are now getting your first or second or third showing and no offers or maybe bland feedback. Here are a few tips that might elicit some better feedback for you and make the peach a little more tasty.
Following these simple tips will help turn a bland peach into a sweet and juicy peach and quite possibly encourage that buyer who is sitting on the fence to jump down off of it and make an offer.
- Keep drapes and shades open to let in the natural light. not only does the natural light brighten the rooms but it will add a whole different and inviting feel to the home.
- Keep rooms neat...avoid clutter. This is not always easy but if you were buying a home you would like to see it clutter free, right?
- No dirty dishes in the sink or on the countertops. Place that dirty cup in the dishwasher. It's the little things that matter.
- Keep toys in an organized fashion. I know it is tough with little ones but this too will make a big difference. Adds flavor to the peach!
- Keep bikes, wagons and skateboards out of the way. Neatly organized in the garage. Oh yeah buyers even look in the garage..
- Keep the volume on the radio, stereo and television turned down.
- Take the family out of the house during the showing. This allows the buyers and their agent to talk freely about the home and all of it nice features.
- Keep pets outdoors or caged when your home is being shown. Dogs may be friendly when the owners are around but they may be more aggressive when the owners are not home. Think SAFETY for the potential buyers.
- If you have to be home then let the real estate professional show your home to the buyers they are representing. Try to remain in an area of the home that is not being shown bu the real estate agent or step outside while they are in the home.
- When evening showings occur, have your home well lighted. Be sure to turn on outside lights, both in the front and back of the house.
So, if you are thinking about placing your home on the market in St Charles County, MO give Don Rogers CDPE, GRI a call at 636-229-8865 today and schedule a time to sit down and start the process.
What a GREAT time of the year to buy and sell a home!!
Don Rogers is a licensed REALTOR® in Missouri. I specialize in St. Charles County Missouri and have called O Fallon MO my home since 1993. If you are looking to buy or sell or you are relocating to the area and would like information about the St Charles County MO area do not hesitate to give me a call at 314-954-6775 or if you would prefer to send me an email.