Every Home Buyer Should Know These "Don'ts"......REALLY!!
When it comes to buying a home there are many, many misconceptions on what to do and when to do it. The items here are to help the first time home buyer and the buyer that hasn't been in the market for a while. For the buyer that bought 5 years ago things have changed, things are not the same. Let's take a look at twelve of the things that you may not know or haven't been told by friends, relatives or even your agent.
- Don't wait for the perfect house...there isn't one. Compromise & prioritizing are necessary elements in home purchasing. You could have your home built and 3 months after you move in you will be asking the question, "Why didn't I do this or that?" Look at those things that are a priority for you and your family now and compromise on the rest.
- Don't buy before you do some comparison shopping...especially if you are new to the area. Get to know the area you are thinking about moving into, schools, shopping, proximity to work, different subdivisions, etc.
- Don't write an unrealistic offer or you will simply be helping someone else's offer look good (too low of a price...too many contingencies).
- Don't feel a need to negotiate if a property is fresh to the market, priced right and popular...the good ones often go quickly and at full or close to full price.
- Don't think all real estate agents and companies are created equal...they are NOT! Find an agent/company with a great track record and proven home buying system and that you are comfortable with.
- Don't work with more than one agent. Find one you like and stick with them. If you make a bad choice, change but stick with the new one!
- Don't wait for perfect conditions to buy. The best time to buy is when you have found the right home.
- Don't get too many friends and family involved in your buying decision...you'll go NUTS!!!
- Don't wait until you find a home to shop for the best loan. Get pre-approved BEFORE you start looking for a home.
- Don't be surprised if you get buyer's remorse at some time before closing....most buyers do. It is normal and it will pass. Whatever you do talk with your agent about your doubts, fears and concerns.
Buying a home can and will be an exciting time, don't let this list prevent you from beginning the search. You have (or should have) an agent to help get you to the closing table and a new home.
Helping you achieve your next level of the American Dream. Ready?
If you are looking for a new home and a REALTOR® that knows the St. Charles County MO marketplace and one that has call O Fallon MO home for over 15 years give me a call. Call Don Rogers at 314-954-6775 and we can start you home buying experience today. By the way I am never too busy for your referral, so if you know of someone that is looking to buy or sell have them give me a call, too.
Don Rogers is a licensed REALTOR® in Missouri. I specialize in St. Charles County Missouri and have called O Fallon MO my home since 1993. If you are looking to buy or sell or you are relocating to the area and would like information about the St Charles County MO area do not hesitate to give me a call at 314-954-6775 or if you would prefer to send me an email.